Picture This: We Can End Poverty is a global photo contest seeking to show— in a positive way— what people around the world are doing to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), eight goals agreed on by world leaders to halve extreme poverty by 2015.
The eight Goals are:
- Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
- Achieve universal primary education
- Promote gender equality and empower women
- Reduce child mortality
- Improve maternal health
- Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
- Ensure environmental sustainability
- Develop a Global Partnership for Development
Contestants must enter either as professionals or amateurs, not both.
The 2010 contest will include a People’s Choice Award where the public will vote for their favourite photo online through this website. Click here to vote.
The winning photos will be exhibited during the UN MDG Summit and UN General Assembly in September, 2010 in New York, when world leaders will meet to recommit and redouble their efforts in the fight against extreme poverty.